More campaign news:
– Workers at the 3 Visteon plants planned to picket the Bridgend Ford factory en mass. As a result Ford Europe agrees to talks.
– Belfast occupation continues, and court postpones legal action for 12 days
– 24/7 picketing continues at Basildon and Enfield plants
– Visteon workers attend many events and meetings, including joining a rooftop occupation of a school in Lewisham (who’ve taken over their school to prevent its closure) and a march in Islington to commemorate the Tolpuddle trades unionists deported to Australia in the 19th Century
– Increasing donations are coming in, especially from trade union branches – new Model Resolution now available. Visteon workers increasingly cited as an inspiration to all trade unionists and community campaigners fighting cuts and closures (eg at last week’s UNISON healthworkers conference)
– There are plans to protest outside the offices of the corrupt KPMG liquidators who’ve now taken over Visteon assets. If you are interested and are free during the daytime on weekdays, please get in touch.